Step-By-Step Supporter Guide
FirstGiving is the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer giving platform, allowing individual supporters to fundraise for their favorite causes. By empowering people to utilize their own network of contacts, FirstGiving allows an individual supporter to set a goal that is two or three times their own giving capacity… and to reach that goal easily! Learn more about how FirstGiving works HERE.
Follow These Steps:
- Visit our FirstGiving Page HERE
- Select “Start Fundraising” to begin registration
- Select “Support Saint André Bessette’s Annual Fund” (or use the drop down menu to select a customized way to fundraise, such as a sporting event, memorial, etc.)
- Once on the Annual Fund page, you will be able to learn more about how our FirstGiving fundraising is going, and start your own page to fundraise
- Select “Fundraise” at the top of the page
- Create your free FirstGiving account & select “Next” (you’re 30% done!)
- Create your page title, image & story – consider including information to your friends, family, and colleagues about why you’re supporting Saint André Bessette and what our community means to you – then determine how much you would like to raise & consider making the first gift to your own pledge to set the pace! Finally, select “Next” (you’re 60% done!)
- If you’ve decided to make your own first gift, complete your donation information and select “Submit” (you’re 90% done!)
- You can follow the prompts to view & enhance your page, including adding photos and/or videos, adding more details, editing your goal, etc.
- And finally – and DON’T SKIP THIS STEP – it’s time to spread the word! Email your FirstGiving page to your contacts, post a link on Facebook or Twitter, and phone a few friends to get the giving started! Keep up the great work and celebrate, because now, you’re 100% done!